Uniformed Service & Overseas (UOCAVA) Voters
The voter registration and absentee voter services on this page are for UOCAVA voters, who are:
- Uniformed Service Voter:
- Active duty military and their dependents (U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps)
- Coast Guard
- Commissioned corps of the U.S. public Health Service and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- The Merchant Marine
- Overseas Voter:
- U.S. citizen living outside of the United States who was qualified or would be qualified to vote in their place of residence in California prior to leaving the U.S.
- Fill out this application to register to vote. You can type your information onto the form, print, and sign your name.
- There are 3 ways to submit your completed and signed application:
- Fax it toll free to 1-800-368-8683, or 1-951-486-7272;
- Email it as a scanned attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Mail it to:
Riverside County Registrar of Voters
2724 Gateway Drive
Riverside, CA 92507
Fill out this Ballot Request to get a ballot:
- Remember to choose how you want your ballot to be sent to you-either by mail or electronically
- If you choose to get your ballot electronically, you will receive additional instructions after you submit your request
If you are a UOCAVA voter and you have requested an absentee ballot but not yet received it, please contact the Registrar of Voters at 1-800-773-VOTE (8683) or email@example.com.
Depending on the method you chose for ballot delivery, your ballot will be:
- Mailed to the address you provided when you requested the ballot.
- Emailed to the email address you provided when you requested the ballot.
- Faxed to the phone number you provided when you requested the ballot.
When you receive your absentee ballot and other election materials, please follow the included instructions to ensure that your ballot is returned on or before Election Day. If you have questions, please contact the Elections Division.
UOCAVA voters may request authorization to return their voted ballot electronically if there is not sufficient time to return it by mail by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day. Please follow the instructions below to submit your request:
- If you have already mailed back your absentee ballot, please contact the Registrar of Voters at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify whether your ballot has been received.
- If you have not yet mailed your voted ballot and will not be able to return it by mail by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, please contact the Registrar of Voters at email@example.com with a request to return your ballot electronically.
If you have sent your voted ballot back to the Registrar of Voters, you can verify whether the state has received your ballot by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your e-mail please give your name, date of birth and municipality where you are registered to vote. The Elections Division will respond with the status of your ballot.
If you have questions related to voting as a Uniformed Service or Overseas Voter, please contact the Registrar of Voters at email@example.com or call 1-800-773-VOTE.